Some History of the Untamed New England Expedition Race
We've operated numerous other events across Virginia, Switzerland, New England -- here's a quick synopsis of the
previous editions of the Untamed New England expedition race . . .
- June 18-22, 2014: "100 Mile Wilderness" edition based from The Forks, ME
- June 19-24, 2012: "Western Maine Mountains" edition based from The Forks, ME
- Auguest 11-15, 2010: "Indian Stream Territory" edition based from Dixville Notch, NH
- July 8-12, 2009: "Great North Woods" edition based from Dixville Notch, NH
- June 19-24, 2008: "White Mountains" edition based from Franconia, NH
In the five previous editions, the course has included significant portions of Maine in 3 editions, New Hampshire in 3 editions, and Vermont in 2 editions.
*In 2010, we did have a team accidentally cross into Canada due to a navigation mistake (and lose several hours with the Border Patrol explaining
why their packs were full of all this climbing gear, headlamps, etc) but otherwise the race has thus far remained only officially in the USA.